Villa La Estrellita
The gardens feature orange, lemon and olive trees, and superb mountain views. Inside and out, the decor has Moorish, Indian and French farmhouse influences and an abundance of eclectic and photogenic artefacts.
Opposite is a small casita where our staff will be based, with extensive grounds offering additional space for our groupwork and exploration.
The villa is a self-catering let sleeping eight, for which we have exclusive use during our week. In the four bedrooms we can accommodate:
- Four couples (in one twin room and three double rooms)
- Up to three couples in (double rooms) and two singles (sharing twin room)
- Up to five singles (four in own rooms or three singles and two sharing a twin room)
Bedrooms are not en-suite. The main shared bathroom features atmospheric lighting, a large walk-in shower, roll-top bath and toilet. The second shared bathroom in the main house has a shower and toilet.
Prices are quoted per person per week based on single occupancy.
A per person discount is available for couples and all singles who are prepared to share.
The pool is usually available from late March to October.
WIFI is available in the villa.
La Estrellita is a five minute drive / 15 minute walk from Orgiva. It offers a great compromise between rural quiet and easy access, both to the town and to attractions in the locality.
Our delicious and hearty Alpujarras-style menu is freshly prepared in-house by Fiona and our host Carolyn.
- Breakfast each day is self-service with cereals and bread, jams and seasonal fruit, tea, coffee and juices.
- Lunch is provided on five days and will comprise either a buffet of breads, salads, tapas, cheeses and embutidos (cold cured meats such as chorizo and jamón) or a packed picnic.
- Dinner is provided on five days, leaving us the flexibility to take an evening meal out, and on the free day for you to eat out in town at a place of your choice.
- Beers and wines are available using an honesty bar system, so that you may choose to consume as you wish.
- Tea, coffee and fruit juices will be provided throughout.
Please advise us on booking if you have any personal dietary needs.
La Estrellita is a single storey building on level ground but has a few minor accessibility issues, as listed below. If you have any specific access needs, such as a need to use walking aids or a chair, please do get in touch with us to discuss your needs. If there is anything you would like us to know about other issues, for example any communication / hearing needs, please use the contact form and we can communicate by email.
La Alpujarra and Spain generally are not as well set up to meet access needs as the UK is. We will need to advise you about getting around the streets in Órgiva and the hill villages, and about any locations we visit that will present challenges.
In the house itself:
- There is one step from the front entrance down into the hallway.
- There are two bathrooms/toilets shared among up to 8 participants. There are no rooms with en-suite bathrooms.
- All bedrooms and the main bathroom are accessed from a level walkway. There is one step on this walkway between the garden bedroom and the bathroom.
- Some rooms in the house have a lip across the base of the door.
- There is one step down into the main bathroom from both entrances. The main bathroom shower is large enough to accommodate a chair.
- The courtyard patio area is paved. There is a step onto the patio near the entrance to the house.
- There is also a step onto the lawn from the patio. The lawn is crossed by two paved aquifers that require care and attention when moving to and from the pool.
- There are steep steps from the pool area to the lower garden.